Adobe has just released a study revealing crucial aspects to what consumers want from your content. A couple things you might already know, like the increase in multiscreen use and that consumers still have short attention spans. According to the report more than 40 percent get distracted while using more than two different devices.
Here are key things to think about now when it comes to your content creation:
1. Users will leave websites because:
- Content is taking too long to load on the page;
- Content is too long;
- Content isn’t appealing, and
- Images will not load.
2. 73% of users want content to come out right on a device while 46% will change devices when any of the four issues mentioned above happen.
3. 39% will no longer engage when your website has long, poor content that takes a long while to load — or that the images will not load.
4. 25% of consumers will share information, if it’s entertaining; more so for Millennials, 35% will pass on entertaining content but only 10% of Baby Boomers will do the same.
5. 75% of users will share content that’s accurate; 90% of Baby Boomers prefer to share the same type of content; it’s 80% for Gen X, and 65% for Millennials.