How can you protect your brand from bad reviews, negative content and complaints? Protecting your online reputation is of course, very important. Here are ways to help you protect your brand from bad reviews and negative content:
- Understand what reputation management is. Know what people are saying about you online, where it’s being said, and how to repair, control and monitor these mentions at the same time.
- Own your search results. Have as many page one rankings for your personal or brand name as possible.
- Use tools to monitor your mentions online. A free tool like Google Alerts allows you to type in the keyword / name you want to monitor and Google will send you an email every time it finds a new mention within its search results.
- Actively search and respond to social media mentions. Reviews are one of the most powerful, effective and influential ways to persuade someone to take action during a decision or buying process.
- Build a blog. By creating your own blog with your own content, you can send out a powerful message you want your readers to understand. Through the use of a blog, you can also create original content that expands well beyond your reach by interviewing industry experts through blog posts, podcasts or video interviews. Not only will this content be seen on your site, but it will also likely be shared by those whom you interview as well.
- Reach new audiences. Widen your network by reaching new audiences through different online platforms. Do guest blogging or guest posting to reach a whole new audience while bringing branding and authority to your name.
- Take care of your reputation. You make it. Negative feedback is always there so pick up where you left and don’t be afraid to start anew.