The new Google algorithm update is rumoured to be called ‘Penguin’ impacting about 3% of all web searches. It appears to have affected some websites that is should perhaps not have impacted. I expect there will be another release soon to fine tune this. Google also indicate that good SEO is still ok.
SEO News Summary:
- Google released the ‘Penguin’ algorithm update and there is a lot of speculation at this stage
- Mix your backlink anchor text to avoid over optimization
- Get social links to balance your profile. Real users share content.
- Make sure your site is high quality with fresh themed content
- Login to Google webmaster tools and check for errors
- Check what keywords you rank for and that people search for
- Check for warning messages and see who links to you and have bad links removed
- Avoid sitewide links from other sites that link to one of your pages
- SEO Partner is busy and able to complete all work
- Recurring monthly packages are price protected